It’s one of the most common problems there is: a closet stuffed full of clothes but only a handful of outfits you feel like are okay to wear in public. It’s called CLOSET-ITIS.
- Instead of dreading the act of opening those closet doors every morning, you can feel thrilled when you review your treasured clothes
- Instead of seeing four outfits you could wear, you can see – oh about – forty-four choices!
- Instead of feeling tight, itchy or twitchy in your outfit, you can feel physically comfortable and amazed at how everything flatters your body, as if your clothes were all handmade just for you.
- Instead of always needing one more thing to make an outfit complete, you can be in the enviable position of rarely needing to set foot in the store.
- Instead of complaining about not having something to wear, you have clothes for every part of your lifestyle from doing big deals at work, to dog walking to date night!
- Instead of dread or confusion when you think about your closet, an irresistible smile appears on your face!
Just how do clothes gather in your closet and never get worn? Is it a shopping problem? Are you shopping in the wrong stores and bringing home the wrong styles? Maybe it’s a storage problem. If clothes were stored so you could see them, it would be easier to put together an outfit. Maybe, just maybe, there is a secret to getting rid of everything that’s wrong, out of style or doesn’t fit anymore.
It seems like, and I’m not kidding here, that many of us are suffering – they’re really overwhelmed by – CLOSET-ITIS. Everything in the closet seems to be infected and the result is that nothing looks good. No matter what you put on, nothing works. Can you imagine a life where there is no CLOSET-ITIS?
You would have a clear, useful and unique wardrobe that makes you feel like you soul is expressing itself every day. And I can help. I have a strange and wonderful way of finding items in the store you never would have thought to try on, making outfits that are perfect for you and leaving you with a joyful and peaceful closet!
Here are three expert tips:
Tip Number One – This is a storage tip that even a beginner can master: organize your closet first by item and then within the item section, by color. Your eye is immediately soothed when you look in your closet and see order and it allows you to take a simple first step in the right direction.
Tip Number Two – There are about three, all time favorite, love affair items in your closet that feel the best and you rely on weekly. Put them front and center in your closet so they are the first items you see when you open the doors. Make a record for one week of how you wore them and which color or style detail you loved best. Note where you went and how you felt. You can keep your record in an outfit journal with a simple picture of the outfit, take a picture and make a few notes in your phone’s notepad, or keep a doc, spreadsheet or slide. Review it at the end of the week and make notes for better shopping.
Tip Number Three – First, invest in the Five Wardrobe Builders: Tops, Bottoms, Jackets, Shoes and Accessories. You should have about five or ten of each type in your best colors, fits and patterns. After that, go treasure hunting for unique, up-to-date or seasonal items.
Keep in mind though how hard it is to see oneself objectively, remember how we all get hung up on size or fit and that sadly we’re all generally unkind when left in a room by ourselves with a pile of clothes. Having a professional there takes the pain away, carves out the time so you have outfits at the ready, makes use of expertise and experience that you don’t have and teaches you how to expand and grow in your process.
Make the call today and start the process for the spring! Whether it’s the heavy lifting needed to get through CLOSET-IT IS or it’s the fine-tuning and tweaking that makes a wardrobe really work, I have the expertise to create a joyful, useful and peaceful closet for you.